About Chris Westinghouse
Kew (Melbourne), Australia
I live my professional life in two unusual compartments:
1. I have more than 30 years of experience as a high level communications practitioner and lobbyist in government and politics, healthcare and aviation, financial services and banking around the world, sometimes at Board level. As a strategic scientist with a strong interest in issues management I maintain a lively participation in peer-to-peer forums involved in international relations around the world. I have no party-political affiliations.
2. I’ve spent much of my time and energy as a photographer and freelance photojournalist in the last ten years. I am especially interested in documentary photography, and I try to explore new places, new cultures and their social and developmental issues at least once a year. As a new immigrant I found it hard to establish myself in New Zealand and Australia. I turned to photography as a way of occupying myself whilst still seeking to return to the corporate world as a reputation, crisis, media and strategic communications professional. But I’ve been doing it for quite a long time now… and I still feel naked without a camera in one hand and a notebook and pencil in the other.
I shoot a wide variety of material, from saucy studio models to African wildlife; from Nat Geo-style documentary work to social commentary, news and events. The word “generalist” was invented to describe the photography that I do.
- View my latest promotional video
- Here’s my complete LinkedIn bio and CV
- You can view some of my Photography and Photojournalism work here: Pbase
- My commercial photography portfolios are are at: Red Bubble The Loop
- Some of my photo comp cards are right here.
- If you are a photo agent and want access to my high resolution portfolio, please email me.
- I “tweet” often, and tend to rant about political and social issues : Docprodigi’s Tweets
- I’m an “open book,” so if you like you can view my facebook pages too: Chris on Facebook
- You can preview some of my books on photography and photojournalism too: “Faces of Efate – A Portrait of Ni-Vanuatu“ “You’ve Got Male“ “Ratchada“ “Canine Pals“ “Patison.”
I am actively pursuing job opportunities in corporate communications, PR and reputation management, as well as photojournalism anywhere around the globe.
CONTACT ME: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile 0424987448 @docprodigi
Sydney and Melbourne, Australia